To celebrate this milestone in our history we are having a Give 75 Campaign, where we ask our members and supporters to give seventy five ‘units of something’ to improve safety, health and wellbeing in the community and workplace.
We are not prescriptive about what you do, it is entirely up to you. All we ask is that you start it before September 2018 and tell us what you did or plan to do.
If something is already being done – we’d like you to include it under the Give 75 Campaign banner.
We hope that most will do something but if you want to give us a donation, we’ll use it for training young people in first aid. Or you could donate 75 high visibility jackets to school children, 75 smoke detectors to the community, provide 75 free blood tests or blood pressure measurements. The aim is to raise the profile of safety, health & wellbeing and we plan that will be our legacy.
Why not download and complete a pledge form indicating your willingness to join the campaign?
We plan to recognise everybody’s contribution in a commemorative brochure and with a certificate to be presented at a high profile ceremony in January 2019.
Let’s celebrate our success over the past three quarters of a century, and show Wales and the UK what we can achieve together.
Suggestions for the 75 things include:
– 75 minutes of your time to give information and guidance to a small organisation which does not have your expertise
– 75 minutes or hours of training
– 75 people trained in the community
– 75 lines of public endorsement e.g. in your in-house magazine
– 75 seconds of air time e.g. on local TV or radio stations
For your employees, you could:
– have a fire safety at home campaign
– have a safety at home campaign aimed at the elderly or the very young
– train your employees’ families in first aid
– encourage healthy eating for your employees and their families